If you want your members to have instant access to member education, Financial Education On Demand is the answer!
Having a variety of tools in your member financial education toolbox - particularly in volatile economic times - has never been so vital:
- More than half (56%) of consumers admit they do not have a budget.¹
- 60% of workers have saved $25,000 or less for retirement.²
- On average, American households owe $23,346 in consumer debt, not including mortgages.³
As a busy credit union professional, you know how difficult it is to reach members - who also are busy -with information that can help them make informed financial decisions in a complex marketplace.
Financial Education On Demand is one tool that gives your members 24/7 access to financial education - all you do is place it on your website. These online courses are 14 to 17 minutes long. With a single click, members can get tips and learn tricks to manage their personal finances, on a variety of timely topics, including:
What members get:
- PowerPoint presentation with voice-over narrative-listen and learn!
- Downloadable worksheets to complete at home
- List of resources for more information on each topic
- 24/7 access on your credit union's website
Value-add for credit unions:
- Easy to install. Simply load all three items (data folder, player folder, and player.html) to the same spot on your website. Then link to the "player.html" for the course to open and play.
- Browser compatible with Internet Explorer 8 & 9, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Safari.
- Cross-promote future seminars. Put the Financial Education On Demand course link beside your online seminar schedule to encourage attendance at future face-to-face events. "For more information on budgeting, come to the seminar on (date)."
Make sure members see your credit union as a valuable source for education. Each Financial Education On Demand course is a Flash file, but you can customize them with your credit union name and logo if you wish in the bottom left corner of the course screen, on the player bar. Easy do-it-yourself instructions are included when you purchase the files. Worksheets are PDF files and not customizable.
Bring members in:
Foster a relationship with your members. Encourage them to bring completed worksheets back to your credit union for special promotions-discounts off certain loan products, free box of checks, and so on. In addition to value-add for members, it engages members with your credit union and exposes them to more of the valuable financial services you offer.
Easy … and affordable. Save big when you buy 3!
The cost for one Financial Education On Demand course is $250. If you buy 2, the cost drops to $200 each. If you buy 3, the cost is just $150 each. To order, click on the individual titles above, or call 800-356-8010, press 3.
Interested in more topics? See additional topics provided with Credit Union Seminar in Box for Members!
¹ Consumer Financial Literacy Survey, 2012
² Employee Benefit Research Institute, 2012
³ Federal Reserve, Feb. 2013