MADISON, Wis. (3/22/13)--What do a Zamboni, a Volkswagen bug, a VW bus, a Honda Cube, a Smart Car, a Hummer, and a day-glow minivan have in common? They all have been dubbed "cool" as promotional vehicles for credit unions and banks.
| CommunityAmerica CU based in Kansas City, Mo., has two vehicles featured on the "25 Coolest Vehicles" list, including the "Getaway Car." (Photo provided by CommunityAmerica CU).|
The website of The Financial Brand, which offers marketing insight to credit unions and banks, noted while most financial institutions have a vehicle fleet with a sticker or two, some institutions took their vehicles to a new level. It listed, with photos, 25 of the "coolest vehicle designs" from financial institutions. Vehicles from 16 credit unions are on the list, including the Zamboni from Fort Wayne, Ind.-based MidWest America FCU.
Other vehicles from credit unions highlighted were:
- Lathrup Village, Mich.-based Michigan First CU's "Young & Free" Ride;
- Kansas City-based CommunityAmerica's "Getaway Car," which urges consumers to "unbank yourself" and "liberate your money," and its "Escape Mobile," which says "remove the bank cuffs" and "go bankless."
- Bridgeton, Mo.-based Vantage CU's turquoise wrapped Honda Cube touting Young & Free;
- Ridgecrest, Calif.'s AltaOne CU banana colored "Good Deeds Mystery Wagon";
- Idaho Central CU's green-flamed van in Pocatello, Idaho;
- Knoxville, Tenn.-based UT FCU's "Orange & White: Volkswagen bug;
- Cheyenne, Wyo.'s Warren FCU "It's Not a Bank" auto;
- Brockton, Mass.-based HarborOne CU's Smart Car;
- Bristol, Pa.-based Bucks First CU's "Project Flipside vehicle;
- Edwardsville, Ill.-based Scott CU's "Big Barkers Kidz Club" Hummers;
- Global CU's vehicle in Spokane,Wash.;
- Five Star CU's "Patriotic SUV" in Dothan, Ala.;
- Illawarra CU (in Australia)'s "Red Camouflage";
- Jax FCU's "Blue Scion" in Jacksonville, Fla.; and
- Seasons FCU's "Do You Kasasa" vehicle in Middletown, Conn.
To view all the the colorful vehicles, use the link. The Financial Brand offers marketing insights for credit unions and banks.