MADISON, Wis. (9/25/13)--CO-OP Financial Services has awarded 16 credit union professionals with scholarships to attend this year's CUNA Community Credit Union & Growth Conference (CCUC).
This is the fourth consecutive year that CO-OP has sponsored scholarships for the conference, which will take place Oct. 8-11,in Uncasville, Conn.
"Over the last four years, individuals from dozens of credit unions that would not otherwise be represented have been able to attend CCUC and apply conference takeaways to directly strengthen the credit union movement," said Todd Spiczenski, CUNA senior vice president, Center for Professional Development. "Thanks to CO-OP Financial Services' continued generosity, the CCUC message will be once again amplified by the insight and dedication of this year's scholarship winners."
The CCUC provides tools for credit unions to put their ideas into action and find new strategies to drive membership growth. Attendees will create ready-to-implement action plans to help their credit union reach its full potential. CUNA also will present four outstanding credit unions with the 2013 Community Credit Union of the Year Award.
Scholarship recipients include:
- Megan Armstrong, Saratoga's Community FCU, Saratoga Springs, N.Y.;
- Jim Bounds, Coastal Community and Teachers CU, Corpus Christi, Texas;
- Eric Bruen, Desert Valleys FCU, Ridgecrest, Calif.;
- Debbie Bullock, Martin FCU, Orlando, Fla.;
- Asaf (Asi) Carmeli, Scient FCU, Gordon, Conn.;
- Phillip Dunaway, Land of Lincoln CU, Decatur, Ill.;
- Clayton Fuchigami, Maui FCU, Kahului, Hawaii;
- Sherry Holliman, Northeast Arkansas FCU, Blytheville, Ark.;
- Michael Mayhew, Baltimore County Employees FCU, Towson, Md.;
- Nancy Montie, Besser CU, Alpena, Mich.;
- Deloris Ransom, Salem Baptist FCU, Jersey City, N.J.;
- Lynn Sabatino, Members CU, Cos Cob, Conn.;
- Nancy Sieller, Torrington (Conn.) Municipal & Teachers FCU;
- Laura Sorensen, SageLink CU, Durand, Mich.;
- Carla Waldo, Mills42 FCU, Lowell, Mass.; and
- Michael Waylett, Vision Financial FCU, Durham, N.C.