From left: Credit Union House Chairman Charles Elliott; Texas Credit Union League President/CEO Dick Ensweiler; Credit Union House Hall of Leaders inductee Harriet May, former president/CEO of GECU, El Paso, Texas; and Credit Union House Credit Union National Association President/CEO Bill Cheney.
Credit Union House LLC named its newest inductees to the 2012 Credit Union House Hall of Leaders at its annual meeting of members March 18.
Thirteen credit union leaders have been inducted for 2012.
The newest inductees, inducted at the meeting, are:
- Harriet May, former president/CEO GECU, El Paso, Texas. She is former chairman of the Texas Credit Union League and former chairman of the Credit Union National Association.
- Russ Plunkett, president, CEO of Postal CU in Woodbury, Minn.
- Oliver King, former manager/treasurer of Magnolia FCU, Jackson, Miss.
Scott Earl, president/CEO, Mountain West Credit Union Association, was inducted at a special event later.
Charles Elliott, left, chairman of Credit Union House and president/CEO of the Mississippi Credit Union Association, with Credit Union House Hall of Leaders inductee Oliver King, former manager/treasurer of Magnolia FCU, Jackson, Miss.
hey join nine others inducted earlier in the year:
- Audrey Bollinger, CEO of Peoples Advantage FCU, Petersburg, Va.;
- Landel Casey, former CEO of Guardian CU, Montgomery, Ala.;
- Tom Griffiths, former president/CEO, Iowa Credit Union League;
- Charles Grossklaus, former president/CEO of Royal CU, Eau Claire, Wis.;
- Lynn Kothe, president/CEO of North Memorial FCU, Robbinsdale, Minn.;
- Cyril Mann, chairman, Listerhill CU, Muscle Shoals, Ala.;
- John Prumo, president/CEO, GPO FCU, New Hartford, N.Y.;
- Diana Roberts, president/CEO of Hershey FCU, Hummelstown, Pa.; and
- William "Bill" F. Marquardt, posthumously, City County CU, Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
Russ Plunkett, center, president/CEO, Postal CU, Woodbury, Minn., was inducted into the Credit Union House Hall of Leaders. With him, from left: Credit Union House Chairman Charles Elliott and Minnesota Credit Union Network President/CEO Mark Cummins. (Photos provided by Credit Union House LLC)
"The Credit Union House Hall of Leaders was introduced to provide lasting recognition for credit union leaders whose commitment has made a significant impact on the credit union movement at the local, state, or national level," said Charles Elliott, chairman of Credit Union House LLC and president/CEO of the Mississippi Credit Union Association. "Being inducted to the Hall of Leaders is a high honor and has been an excellent way to acknowledge those who serve credit unions."
In its fifth year, the Hall of Leaders program has recognized 55 inductees from 27 states. Members of the Hall of Leaders have shown commitment that inspires others in the credit union movement.
Inductees include board chairmen, league presidents, credit union CEOs, league board members and volunteers.
Their names remind all who visit Credit Union House of the many individuals who have volunteered their time to perpetuate the credit union movement and who demonstrate commitment to the values and mission on which credit unions were founded.