ALBANY, N.Y. (3/27/14)--The Credit Union Association of New York (CUANY) announced this week the winners of four of its Recognition Awards, which honor credit unions for their work in fields such as community service, member service and youth financial education.
Winners will be honored April 29 at the CUANY Governmental Affairs Conference (
March 26). First-place winners now advance to their respective national competitions in the fall.
First-place winners for the 2014 Dora Maxwell Social Responsibility Community Service Award are:
- Clarence Community & Schools FCU, for credit unions with $5 million-$20 million in assets;
- Western New York FCU, West Seneca, $20 million-$50 million in assets;
- CORE FCU, Syracuse, $50 million-$100 million in assets;
- Hudson River Community CU, Corinth, $100 million-$200 million in assets;
- Sidney FCU, $200 million-$500 million in assets;
- AmeriCU CU, Rome, more than $500 million in assets; and
- The Utica-Rome Chapter of Credit Unions.
The first-place winner of the 2014 Louise Herring Philosophy in Action Member Service Award is Visions FCU, Endicott, in the more than $250 million in assets category.
First-place honors for the 2014 Desjardins Youth Financial Education Award went to:
- Clarence Community & Schools FCU, less than $50 million in assets;
- CORE FCU, $50 million-$150 million in assets; and
- Corning FCU, more than $500 million in assets.
Hudson River Community CU also is the first-place winner of the 2014 Desjardins Adult Financial Education Award in the $150 million-$500 million in assets category.
Winners of CUANY's individual recognition awards will be announced in the weeks ahead, including for the New York Credit Union Hall of Fame, outstanding volunteer, outstanding professional and outstanding young professional. All will be honored at the association's annual meeting and convention.