MADISON, Wis. (9/13/12)--The Credit Union National Association (CUNA) will honor four credit unions with its 2012 Community Credit Union of the Year Award, presented at the CUNA Community Credit Union & Growth Conference, Oct. 23-26 in Denver.
The award honors credit unions that consistently excel in advancing of the ideals of the credit union movement, are proactive in their community and provide a wide array of services that meet the needs of their communities.
The awards committee comprises a panel of judges from the CUNA Community Credit Union Committee, recently completed review of the entries and remarked on the quality of submissions.
"It is inspiring and energizing to see so many credit unions doing great things in their community," said Todd Spiczenski, CUNA Center for Professional Development vice president. "It was difficult to choose from so many outstanding credit unions that embody the principles of the credit union movement."
The four honored credit unions are recognized with a first place and honorable mention winner in each asset category of less than $250 million and more than $250 million.
Session topics and speakers at the CUNA Community Credit Union & Growth Conference will include:
- The Spark, the Flame and the Torch: How inspiration has become the most important distinctive advantage for modern organizations--Lance Secretan, teacher, management guru, Fortune 500 executive, author;
- Capitalizing on Small Business in Your Community--Doug Benzine, vice president, publishing, CUNA;
- Get off My Lawn!: How to Monetize Social Media for Business Results--Jay Vanjalu, CEO and board member, Buzz Banking;
- Product and Marketing Strategies to Attract and Create the Loyalty of the Hispanic Community--Miriam De Dios, CEO, Coopera;
- Legislative & Regulatory Update--Ryan Donovan, senior vice president, legislative affairs, and Mary Dunn, senior vice president and deputy general counsel, CUNA; and
- Best Practices from Successful Community Credit Unions--Jeff Rendel, president, Rising Above Enterprises.