KALAMAZOO, Mich. (7/20/12)--Consumers CU in Kalamazoo, Mich., announced a focus on business services that includes the launch of its new BusinessPlus Checking and ePayroll Services.
"Our business portfolio is designed perfectly for the small business owner who is looking for quality personal service," said Gary Ferguson, vice president of business services. "We bring our credit union philosophy to meet the needs of business members right here in West Michigan." All decisions are made locally by Consumers for its business members.
The $364 million asset Consumers' line of business services includes:
- New BusinessPlus Checking--with tiered rates;
- New ePayroll Solutions--offering Automated Clearing House (direct deposit) payroll for employees;
- Business savings and certificates of deposit;
- Online banking and bill pay;
- Business loans and business mortgages; and
- Free presentations to employees and breakroom connections.
A new feature of Consumers Business Services is BusinessPlus Checking. The account has no monthly service fee and earnings interest on daily balances that exceed $10,000. A tiered-rate structure provides greater earning potential, Consumers said.
"This enhanced business checking product is designed to simplify our members' business banking needs," Ferguson added. "Competitive rates will be earned on tiered balances with no confusing 'sweep' accounts."
Features of BusinessPlus Checking include:
- No minimum balance, with interest tiers beginning at $10,000;
- Free and unlimited automated clearing house credits and debits received into the account;
- Free and unlimited check writing;
- Free online banking and e-statements;
- Free business debit card;
- 150 free deposit items per month;
- $1,500 in free daily cash deposits;
- $1 per additional $1,000 deposited; and
- Five free online bill payments per month.