BISMARCK, N.D. (9/12/12)--Applications for financial literacy grants available through The Credit Union Foundation of the Dakotas are due Sept. 29. Community organizations and credit unions affiliated with The Credit Union Association of the Dakotas are eligible to apply.
The foundation is funded by participating North and South Dakota Credit Unions. It funds projects in the areas of access to financial services, financial education, savings and asset accumulation, and small credit union development.
All grant applications must include:
- An organization description, legal name, address, primary purpose, and history;
- The organization's letter from the Internal Revenue Service stating that it is tax-exempt under Section 501 (c) (3) or Section 501(c)(6) and not a private foundation under Section 509(a);
- The most recent audited financial statement and complete copy of a recent form 990 federal tax return;
- Current organization and project budget and proposed budgets for 2012.
- Leadership information (board and staff); and
- Other funding sources for the organization, including letters of in-kind support/funding commitments.
Interested organizations can obtain a grant application by contacting Amy Jo Johnson at 800-279-6328 ext.3954 or email@example.com
. Grant applications can also be obtained on the Credit Union Foundation of the Dakotas website. Use the link.