MADISON, Wis. (5/2/13)--The CUNA HR/TD Council announced its Excellence Award winners during the council's 19th annual conference, April 21-24 in Anaheim, Calif.
The awards recognize and honor credit unions that exemplify excellence in the human resources and training disciplines and serve to promote credit union philosophies through people leadership.
This year's winners (by category) are:
- Employee Engagement (assets less than $499 million): Town & Country FCU, South Portland, Maine, for its "Employee Experience Team" Program. The team, which guided the credit union in choosing initiatives, was led by human resources and employees who volunteered to help execute employee-centered activities and events reflecting the needs and desires of the staff.
- Employee Engagement(assets $500 l to $1 billion): Member One FCU, Roanoke, Va., for its "Using the Humanities to Give Business Training a Soul" Program, which is a diverse offering of courses related to sales, soft skills, economics and leadership that are business related and humanities based. Each program involves music, poetry, literature, the fine arts, history or dance.
- Employee Engagement (assets more than $1 billion): Mountain America CU, West Jordan, Utah, for its "How-to Training Videos," created in-house for use in the classroom to demonstrate a real life environment using a medium that is attractive and engaging to its audience.
- HR/TD Management Practices (assets less than $499 million): Maps CU in Salem, Ore., for its "To the Olympics and Beyond Health and Wellness" program, a multi-year implementation of a more defined wellness initiative concluding with a company-wide "Walk to the London Olympics" program.
- HR/TD Management Practices (Assets $500 million to $1 billion): Red Canoe CU, Longview, Wash., for its "Commit to be Fit" program, a multi-year wellness program focusing on whole body wellness with a yearlong commitment to personal happiness.
- HR/TD Management Practices (Assets more than $1billion): Mountain America CU, West Jordan, Utah, for its "IRA eLearning Suite," which successfully converted an entire operational training class to eLearning. The set of courses are 24/7 accessible, provide a consistent message and can be revised.
- HR/TD Strategic Leadership(assets less than $499 million): Town & Country FCU for its "Online Banking Conversion." Using an all-in approach with employee focus groups, volunteer subject matter experts, and theme days, Town & Country FCU completed the fastest, most efficient conversion the vendor had ever seen.
- HR/TD Strategic Leadership (assets more than $1 billion): University of Wisconsin CU, Madison, Wis., for its "Emerging Leader" program. Recognizing that internal candidates promoted to leadership roles were more likely to be successful leaders, the credit union created a 12-month program focusing on introducing candidates to leadership success criteria, corporate strategy, core functions and specific training on learning imperatives to equip emerging leaders for success.
For more information, use the link.