MADISON, Wis. (3/18/14)--The Credit Union National Association (CUNA) announced the topics for its Lending Compliance School, set for Aug. 10-14 in Las Vegas.
CUNA Lending Compliance School provides compliance officers, lenders and other interested professionals the in-depth regulatory knowledge and industry updates to keep their credit unions compliant in every lending discipline.
"It takes a wide range of resources, personnel and proficiencies to keep a credit union lending operation in line with compliance standards," said Tracy Blaske, CUNA director of compliance education. "Attendees of this year's CUNA Lending Compliance School will leave knowing where they fit into their credit union's compliance equation and how best to apply their newfound regulatory know-how."
During the school's in-depth sessions, attendees will:
- Build their personal compliance aptitude;
- Receive updates on the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau;
- Dive into Fair Lending Compliance and all of its back-office implications; and
- Gain access to valuable supplemental recorded sessions.
This year's comprehensive five-day curriculum will feature:
- "Managing Hidden Fair Lending Risks," an intense eight-hour session on Fair Lending presented by David Reed;
- "10 Cardinal Rules of Repossession," presented by Frank Drake;
- "Advertising Your Loan Products," with PolicyWorks;
- "Lending Fraud" with Barry Thompson; and
- An ask-the-expert panel discussion.