MADISON, Wis. (8/15/13)--Fifteen credit union executives joined Filene Research Institute's i3 innovation program, which fosters the development of new ideas and innovations for credit unions.
"If innovation were simply about ideas, our job would be a lot easier," said Matt Davis, innovation director at Filene. "Making ideas happen requires a rare skill set. We look for credit union professionals who are passionate about fixing problems for consumers, have a track record of breathing life into new ideas, can excite others about their ideas and have the best chance of leading credit unions for the next generation."
Each new i3 member will serve a two-year term that kicks off in October at Filene's big.bright.minds event at Princeton University.
Ideas developed in the i3 program since its inception in 2003 have gone on to change state laws, improve the financial lives of millions of consumers, save millions of dollars for credit unions and drive new members to the credit union system, said Filene. Ideas tested through Filene's innovation lab include Prize-linked Savings, Debt in Focus/SavvyMoney, SaveUp, Savings Revolution and minTuition.
More than 20 former i3 members went on to be CEO of a credit union or credit union industry organization. The program, supported by PSCU, develops an innovation competency for the next generation of credit union CEOs using the Filene Method, an innovation curriculum developed from a decade of experience in creating, testing and implementing ideas for credit unions and their members.
The newest i3 members are:
- Laurie Butz, senior vice president, human resources, Community First CU, Appleton, Wis.;
- Scott Coe, senior vice president, marketing, CoastHills FCU, Lompoc, Calif.;
- Douglas Ebner, manager, business technology and innovation, First West CU, Langley, B.C. (Canada);
- Kathi Goodell, project coordinator, NorthCountry FCU, South Burlington, Vt.;
- Mark Hamid, vice president-chief of retail operations, Fort Lee FCU, Prince George, Va.;
- Jeremy Hayes, senior vice president, Assemblies of God CU, Springfield, Mo.;
- Rachel Langtry, vice president of marketing and communications, Credit Union 1, Anchorage, Alaska;
- Rob Lefkowicz, vice president of member service delivery, Park Side FCU, Whitefish, Mont.;
- Evelyn Royer, vice president, risk management, Purdue FCU, West Lafayette, Ind.;
- Serese Selanders, vice president, sales and development, Affinity CU, Des Moines, Iowa;
- Jennifer Sider, development officer, Duke University FCU, Durham, N.C.;
- Matt Vance, senior product development supervisor, Salal CU, Seattle;
- Suzanne Weinstein, chief financial officer, Orlando FCU ;
- Jennifer Wolfe, assistant vice president, business systems delivery, Partners FCU, Orlando; and
- Brett Wooden, senior vice president of marketing and innovation, Cy-Fair FCU, Houston.
For more information on Filene's i3 innovation program, use the link.