INDIANAPOLIS (2/19/13)--Fourteen credit union representatives have been selected to participate in ignite, the Indiana Credit Union League's program to develop innovations so credit unions can better the financial lives of members.
"Many of our igniters have gone on to other successes at their credit unions and some have used their experience with ignite to contribute to projects that have a national scope," said League Director Doug True, of Indianapolis-based FORUM CU.
True, Bob Falk of Lafayette-based Purdue FCU, and Nan Morrow of Columbus-based Centra CU are the three members of ignite's Leadership Team.
"Under the direction of our Leadership Team, the ignite initiative has thrived in Indiana," said league President John McKenzie. "The credit union support has been tremendous, as many have shared very talented and innovative employees."
The group began developing innovations for 2013 at a meeting last month.
So far, ignite has developed 21 innovations. Several have been adopted by credit unions in Indiana and elsewhere. To develop and promote their innovations, members of ignite working groups attend meetings coordinated by the league and make presentations during the League Convention, the annual Hoosier Credit Union Executives Society meeting, and chapter meetings.
New igniters, who will serve two-year terms, are:
- Amy Benner, Solidarity Community FCU, Kokomo;
- Amy Wells, Teachers CU, South Bend;
- Andrea Buescher, Evansville (Ind.) Teachers FCU;
- Ashli Moore, Eli Lilly FCU, Indianapolis;
- Bryan Myers, Crane FCU, Odon;
- Darlene Beers, Purdue FCU;
- David Dekker, Interra CU, Goshen;
- Kelly Baran, FORUM CU;
- Lee Cramer, Finance Center FCU, Indianapolis;
- Micaela Wise, AAA FCU, South Bend;
- Staci Goss, Interra CU;
- Sven Leander, Finance Center FCU;
- Tony Belton, General CU, Fort Wayne; and
- Deidra Davis, Notre Dame FCU.
Continuing igniters in the second year of their terms are:
- Catrina Tate, Teachers CU;
- Craig Dauksas, Members Choice FCU, Bloomington;
- Elaine Rinehart, Eli Lilly FCU;
- Karen Houser, Natco CU, Richmond;
- Mike Pence, KEMBA CU, Indianapolis; and
- Raine Lee, Vigo County FCU, Terre Haute.