MADISON, Wis. (10/28/13)--The Credit Union National Association and Coopera remind credit unions that they will offer a free webinar on engaging Spanish-speaking members to help protect the credit union tax status at 2 p.m. CT Wednesday.
CUNA has teamed up with Coopera to engage in bilingual political advocacy, beginning with "No Le Cobren Impuestos a Mi Credit Union," a complete, Spanish-language version of the "Don't Tax My Credit Union" campaign.
The webinar will offer key message points for Spanish-speakers and offers tips for using campaign tools that include:
- A video and website (use the link);
- Form letters that members can send to Congress;
- A Spanish option on the toll-free number, 877-642-4223;
- Instructions for social media engagement; and
- Graphics, poster, statement stuffer, flyer.
The webinar is beneficial for league representatives and credit union leaders, including CEOs, communications, marketing, and bilingual staff who work with Spanish-speaking members.