NAPERVILLE, Ill. (11/15/13)--The Illinois Credit Union League has named its state-level winners of the Dora Maxwell Social Responsibility, Louise Herring Philosophy in Action and Alphonse Desjardins Financial Education awards.
"The Illinois awards continue to serve as great examples of excellence in service to their members and their communities," said Dan Plauda, ICUL president/chief executive officer. "We are very pleased to have one of our credit unions once again place in the national competition this year and our congratulations go to all that participated."
The state Alphonse Desjardins Youth Financial Award winners by asset size include:
- $150 million to $500 million, Financial Plus CU, Ottawa; and
- $500 million plus, Great Lakes CU, North Chicago.
The Dora Maxwell Social Responsibility Community Service award winners include:
- $50 million to $100 million, Rock Valley FCU, Loves Park;
- $100 million to $200 million, Streator (Ill.) Onized CU;
- $200 million to $500 million, GCS CU, Granite City; and
- $500 million to $1 billion, Great Lakes CU.
Streator Onizied CU also placed in second in the national competition.
Louise Herring Award for Philosophy in Action Award winners included:
- $50 million to $250 million, Gateway Metro FCU, Swansea; and
- $250 million to $1 billion, Scott CU, Edwardsville.
Recognized for community service, service to members and non-members, and financial education, the award recipients competed for the same awards on the national level. For the Credit Union National Association's national award winners see "CUNA Announces Dora Maxwell, Louise Herring Award Winners" and "Winners Of CUNA's 2013 Desjardins Fin. Ed Awards Announced" in today's issue of News Now
. Winners will be invited to attend the 2014 CUNA Governmental Affairs Conference in Washington, D.C.