HARAHAN, La. (8/10/12)--The Louisiana Credit Union League inducted 12 individuals into its Hall of Fame during the organization's 78th annual meeting and convention last week.
The league also presented its Credit Union National Association (CUNA) recognition awards at the convention, which was attended by more than 400 credit union representatives.
Hall of Fame honorees included:
- Tina Atkins, Kraftman FCU, Bastrop;
- Allen A. Dugas, Lafayette (La.) Schools' FCU;
- Maureen Genovese, Shell New Orleans (La.) FCU;
- Nat Gisclaire, Lafayette Schools' FCU;
- B. Fay Jackson, Centric FCU, West Monroe;
- Marguerite Jones, Iberville FCU, Plaquemine;
- Vicki O'Brien, Jefferson Parish Employees FCU, Harahan;
- Dawn L. Ruggles, VAC FCU, Shreveport;
- Edward B. Shaver, Centric FCU; and
- Emily Stewart, Iberville FCU.
LCUL awarded three Louisiana credit unions with the CUNA Recognition Awards. The winners will advance to CUNA's national competition.
Awards and credit unions recognized include:
- Desjardin Youth Financial Literacy Award--New Orleans Firemen's FCU, Metairie;
- Louise Herring Award for Philosophy in Action--Pelican State CU, Baton Rouge; and
- Dora Maxwell Social Responsibility Award--Shell New Orleans FCU.