PHOENIX, DENVER and CASPER, Wyo. (2/16/12)--The recently formed Mountain West Credit Union Association (MWCUA) has reinvented its service corporation, Strategic Partners Inc., a subsidiary of the MWCUA.
The MWCUA board of directors voted in favor of merging the three states' service corporations and elected a new board of directors for the organization in January.
"Together we are better equipped to leverage our strength, providing our member credit unions with increased value for years to come," said Scott Earl, MWCUA president/CEO.
Mike Williams, board chairman said: "Bringing our service corporations together as one unit was the appropriate next step in unifying our credit unions."
The MWCUA board includes a representative number of directors from each state it serves --Arizona, Colorado and Wyoming.
The chairman is Mike Williams, president/CEO, Colorado CU, Littleton, Colo.; and the vice-chair is Bob Ramirez, president/CEO, Vantage West CU, Tucson, Ariz.
Board members include:
- Larry Knopp, president/CEO, UniWyo FCU, Laramie. Wyo.;
- Nathanael Tarwasakono, president/CEO, Pima FCU, Tucson, Ariz.;
- Horacio Peralta, president/CEO, B.C.S. Community CU, Wheat Ridge, Colo.;
- Rainy Thoen, president/CEO, Community Choice CU, Commerce City, Colo.;
- Sandy Neves, president/CEO, Fitzsimons FCU, Aurora, Colo.;
- Jim Barber, president/CEO, Minnequa Works CU, Pueblo, Colo.; and
- Jay Curtis, president/CEO, First CU, Chandler, Ariz.