LANSING, Mich. (3/6/13)--The Michigan Credit Union League and the Michigan Credit Union Foundation announced their annual award recipients.
"2012 was another banner year for credit unions and these winners truly represent the best that the Michigan credit union community has to offer in terms of ideals, philosophy and service," said MCUL and Affiliates CEO David Adams. "The inspiring accomplishments of these hard-working, dedicated individuals and credit unions are clear reminders of the credit union difference in action."
The award winners are:
- Credit Union Professional of the Year: Daniel Harp, vice president of lending, Dort FCU, Flint;
- Outstanding Credit Union of the Year: United FCU, St, Joseph;
- Distinguished Service Award: Catherine Roberts, president/CEO Research FCU, Warren;
- Chapter Effectiveness Award: Metro West Chapter;
- Young Professional of the Year: Kaye Chervenak, parish and education coordinator, Alliance Catholic CU, Troy;
- Youth Advocate Award: Cindy Lardie, youth program coordinator, TBA CU, Traverse City;
- Award for Excellence in Consumer Education: Jeremy Cybulski, youth coordinator, Co-op Services CU, Livonia;
- MCUF Community Volunteer of the Year Award: Janice Rose, president/CEO, E&A CU, Port Huron; and
- MCUF International Credit Union Development Award: Communicating Arts CU, Detroit.
The winners will be recognized at the Honors Awards Breakfast at the MCUL Annual Convention & Exposition, May 16-18 in Detroit.