ST. PAUL, Minn. (5/24/13)--The Minnesota Credit Union Network (MnCUN) announced the results of its board elections at its Annual Meeting and Convention May 17-18 in Bloomington, Minn.
| More than 300 credit union professionals and volunteers, and 134 service organization representatives, attended the Minnesota Credit Union Network Annual Meeting, May 17-18 in Bloomington, Minn. (Photo provided by Minnesota Credit Union Network)
Three incumbents and one new representative were elected to three-year terms on the MnCUN Board of Directors. The election results include:
- Karen Fleming of HBI Employees CU, St. Paul, re-elected to the 2,000-or-fewer members seat;
- Terri Maloney of Catholic United Financial CU, St. Paul, elected to the 2,001-to-10,000 members seat;
- Kelly McDonough of First Alliance CU, Rochester, re-elected to the seat for credit unions outside the Twin Cities metro area;
- Jeff Schwalen of Hiway FCU, St. Paul, re-elected to the seat for credit unions in the Twin Cities metro area;
The MnCUN Board also re-elected the table officers below for another term. They include:
- Chairman--Patrick Pierce of City and County CU, St. Paul;
- Vice Chairman--Chuck Albrecht of Mid-Minnesota FCU, Baxter; and
More than 300 credit union professionals and volunteers, representing 70 credit unions attended the annual meeting. Its tradeshow hosted more than 134 people from 61 service organizations.
Mary Dunn, Credit Union National Association senior vice president and deputy counsel, gave the opening address during the Friday business meeting and led a session that provided regulatory updates and advocacy advice.
CUNA Board Chairman Pat Wesenberg also attended. She encouraged attendees to rally their credit unions and join in CUNA's Unite for Good initiative. "Working together, we can reduce burden and foster excellence throughout our industry," Wesenberg said. "[Unite for Good] is a rallying cry for credit unions to spread the message that credit unions are the best financial partner."
Wesenberg also met with The Crew, MnCUN's young credit union professionals networking group. The networking session, "Coffee with the CEOs," featured Wesenberg and Mark Cummins, MnCUN president/CEO; Mary Hansen, CEO/administrator of Mayo Employees FCU, Rochester; and Kyle Markland, president/CEO Affinity Plus FCU, St. Paul.