DENVER (9/14/12)--The National Association of State Credit Union Supervisors (NASCUS) announced the appointment of its 2012 board and credit union executive council at its annual meeting this week in Denver.
Two current NASCUS Board members officially began new three-year terms. Mary Hughes, financial institutions bureau chief of the Idaho Department of Finance, and Werner Paul, deputy commissioner of the Bureau of Financial Institutions, Virginia, are continuing their service on the NASCUS board.
John D. "J. D." Fields, deputy chief examiner of the Louisiana Office of Financial Institutions was appointed to a one-year term on the NASCUS board by Chairman Orla Beth Peck, credit union supervisor.
The remaining sitting NASCUS Board members include:
- Tom Candon, deputy commissioner, Vermont Department of Financial Regulation;
- John Kolhoff, deputy commissioner for credit unions, Michigan Office of Financial and Insurance Regulation;
- Linda Jekel, director of credit unions, Washington Department of Financial Institutions;
- Linda Charity, interim commissioner, director of financial institutions, Florida Office of Financial Regulation; and
- Michael Wettrich, deputy superintendent for credit unions, Ohio Division of Financial Institutions.
Officers elected by the NASCUS Board include Hughes as chairman-elect and Kolhoff as secretary/treasurer. Peck will continue to serve as chairman.
Also, three incumbent state credit union CEOs began new terms on NASCUS' Credit Union Executive Council and one state credit union CEO was newly elected.
The executive council, a group of 12 credit union executives from around the country, governs the NASCUS Credit Union Advisory Council.
CEOs elected to the executive council include:
- Ron McDaniel, California CU, Glendale, Calif., will represent District 4 for a three-year term.
- Patty Idol, Mountain CU, Waynesville, N.C., will continue to represent District 2 for a three-year term, expiring September 2015.
- Cathie Tierney, Community First CU, Appleton, Wis., will continue to serve as a District 3 director for another three-year term.
- Dan Kester, Sooper CU, Arvada, Colo., will also continue to represent District 4.
Tierney, chairman of the advisory council, re-appointed Bob Fouch, CEO of Corporate Central CU, Muskego, Wis., to serve a three-year term representing the corporate system.
Other members of the executive council include:
- J. Parker Cann, BECU, Tukwila, Wash.;
- Debbie Peters, Community Regional CU, Old Forge, Pa.;
- Jack Sheets; Interra CU, Goshen, Ind.;
- Linda Childs, Knoxville (Tenn.) Post Office CU;
- Jason Boesch, Oklahoma RE&T CU, Oklahoma City, Okla.;
- Mike Kurish, Associated School Employees CU, Youngstown, Ohio; and
- Terry West, Vystar CU, Jacksonville, Fla.
The executive council also elected its officers. Tierney continues to serve as chairman, Childs is the chairman-elect and Kester is the secretary.