MADISON, Wis. (4/17/12)--Credit union supporters can nominate individuals and organizations for the 25th Annual Herb Wegner Memorial Awards to be presented by the National Credit Union Foundation (NCUF). The deadline for nominations is June 29.
Winners will be honored at NCUF's awards dinner Feb. 25, in conjunction with the Credit Union National Association Governmental Affairs Conference in Washington, D.C.
"NCUF's Wegner Awards turn 25 next year and the caliber of recipients over the years has been truly remarkable," said Josie Collins, NCUF director of donor relations and resource development. The awards are widely considered the highest national honors in the credit union movement, she said.
Nominations can be made for these awards:
- The Individual Achievement Award, which honors an unsung hero for innovative concepts and/or accomplishments that have made a significant impact on the national and/or international credit union movements within the past 10 years--or have a significant potential impact now. Nominations must cite a specific subject of achievement, such as financial literacy, service to the underserved, alternatives to predatory lending, and/or new products.
- The Outstanding Organization/Program Award, which honors an organization or program for innovative concepts and/or products/services that have made a substantial impact with measured results on the national and/or international credit union movements.
- The Lifetime Achievement Award, which honors an individual who has dedicated his/her life to promoting the credit union philosophy of "People Helping People." This person must have created innovative concepts and provided leadership that has made a significant and lasting impact on the national and/or international credit union movements.
Nominations can come from individuals and/or organizations. To make a nomination:
- Complete the Wegner Awards nomination form on the NCUF website. Use the link.
- Gather at least five letters of recommendation citing examples of the nominee's achievements relevant to the award criteria.
- Send the nomination form and recommendation letters electronically to NCUF by June 29.
Questions about the Wegner Awards can be directed to Josie Collins at firstname.lastname@example.org
or 800-356-9655, ext. 4374.