SANTA ANA, Calif. (11/6/13)--"The Credit Union Advantage," a 12-page supplement to the Oct. 31 issue of the Orange County Register
in Santa Ana, Calif., tells readers "how credit unions can build your financial future."
The advertising supplement brought visibility to the credit union difference through six articles:
- "People before profit" tells the many advantages and benefits of credit unions. It highlights independent surveys that say credit unions offer better service and higher member/customer satisfaction and cites statistics from the Credit Union National Association and the California and Nevada Credit Union Leagues. It discusses key advantages and differences, the cultural shift taking place as credit union membership grows, and the historical roots of credit unions.
- "Who Can Join?" notes that "getting in the credit union game is easier than you'd think," and offers five questions to ask before joining a credit union.
- "Crafting a financial plan" discusses why "credit unions are increasingly becoming the financial institutions of choice to plan for retirement."
- "Bite of reality" discusses financial literacy endeavors of credit unions in the state and their "Bite of Reality" interactive educational initiative that teaches students about real-world finances.
- "Giving back" highlights how social responsibility remains at the core of the credit union mission and includes examples from several area credit unions.
- "Debunking the myths" notes several widely held but false beliefs about credit unions.
- "Leading Orange County Credit Unions" provides information about Eagle Community CU, Lake Forest; Nuvision FCU, Huntington Beach; Orange County's CU, Santa Ana; SchoolsFirst FCU, Santa Ana; Southland CU, Los Alamitos; and Wescom CU, Pasadena.
To access the supplement, use the link.