FARMERS BRANCH, Texas (3/28/12)--The Texas Credit Union League (TCUL) has selected 12 up-and-coming young credit union professionals to serve on its new initiative--the Texas 12.
The Texas 12 will help catalyze change in the system and spark positive growth in the community, TCUL said (LoneStar Leaguer
The Texas 12 is an incubator to bring the brightest young minds in Texas credit unions together based on three goals: incite positive change for the future, break down barriers to collaboration, and bring new perspective to the credit union system.
"Young professionals have a great deal to offer our movement, so it's important that we tap into their knowledge and provide them an outlet for getting more engaged in our movement, as well as offer them hands-on opportunities to help shape the future of credit unions," said Dick Ensweiler, TCUL president/CEO.
The individuals chosen for the Texas 12 are:
- Shelby Ames, Liberty (Texas) County Teachers FCU;
- Kelsey Balcaitis, A+ FCU, Austin;
- Doug Bedner, Resource One CU, Dallas;
- Victoria Cline, Neighborhood CU, Dallas;
- Brittany Doering, Family 1st of Texas FCU, Fort Worth;
- Kate Donovan, Texoma Community CU, Wichita Falls;
- Chad Holz, University FCU, Austin;Lori Martinez, Houston Fire Fighters FCU;
- Jana Mearns, People's Trust FCU, Houston;
- Casey Moehring, Kelly Community FCU, Tyler;
- Nikki Moore, Space City CU, Houston; and
- Jamaal Dwayne Robinson, New Mt. Zion Baptist Church CU, Dallas.
The first activity for the Texas 12 will be to "crash" TCUL's Annual Meeting & Expo, April 18-20 in Galveston.