COLUMBIA, S.C., and RALEIGH, N.C. (6/6/14)--The recent election of three at-large completed the organization of the Carolinas Credit Union League board, following the consolidation of the North and South Carolina credit union leagues last year.
The additional members join eight sitting directors--four from each state--to complete the 11-member body. The group confirmed officers in a reorganization meeting following the business session.
Joining the board, with term expiration in parentheses, are:
- Mark Curran, president/CEO, Lion's Share FCU, Salisbury, N.C., with $35 million in assets (2016);
- Bob Donley, executive vice president, Members CU, Winston-Salem, N.C., with $244 million in assets (2015); and
- Robert Harris, president/CEO, Health Facilities FCU, Florence, S.C., with $23 million in assets (2017).
Officers confirmed in the reorganization meeting include:
- Chair: Faye Crocker, president/CEO of Greater Abbeville FCU, with $12 million in assets, (2015);
- Vice chair: Patty Idol, president/CEO of Mountain CU, Waynesville, N.C., with $156 million in assets (2015);
- Treasurer: Jeff Jones, president/CEO, Freedom FCU, Rocky Mount, N.C., with $51 million in assets (2017);
- Secretary: Linda Weatherford, vice president of marketing and business development, SPC CU, Hartsville, S.C, with $125 million in assets (2016); and
- Executive officer: Anne Shivers, president/CEO, Carolina Collegiate FCU, with $82 million in assets, Columbia, S.C. (2016);
Also serving on the CCUL board of directors are:
- Lola Bumbarger, president/CEO, Century Employees Savings Fund CU, Hickory, N.C., with $8 million in assets (2016);
- Maurice Smith, president/CEO, Local Government Employees FCU, Raleigh, N.C., with $1.3 billion in assets (2015); and
- Nick Wodogaza, president/CEO, Palmetto Citizens FCU, Columbia, S.C., with $602 million in assets (2017).
The full board will meet Aug. 7 in Columbia with an agenda that includes orientation with the league's structure and strategic plan.