MADISON, Wis. (12/9/11)--The Credit Union National Association (CUNA) has received three additional nominations for the CUNA Board election.
Nominations received include:
- Patrick Jury, Iowa Credit Union League, Des Moines, Iowa, District 4, Class D;
- Mike Mercer, Georgia Credit Union Affiliates, Duluth, Ga., District 3, Class D; and
- Rod Staatz, SECU, Linthicum, Md.; for District 2, Class C.
Nominations were previously received from:
- Pete Dzuris, Northland Area FCU, Oscoda, Mich., District 4, Class B;
- Brett Martinez, Redwood CU, Santa Rosa, Calif., District 6, Class C; and
- Winona Nava, Guadalupe CU, Santa Fe, N.M., District 5, Class A.
Other seats with openings in 2012 are:
- District 1, Class B; and
- District 3, Class A.
Deadline for nominations is Dec. 16.
An individual must be an employee or voting board member of the nominating credit union to be an eligible candidate elected by credit unions.
To become an eligible candidate to be elected by leagues, an individual must be a league president and must be nominated in writing by the league, and the nomination must be seconded in writing by at least one other league from the district.
For contested elections, ballots will be sent Dec. 20, with voting continuing through Jan. 27.
Directors will take office upon the adjournment of CUNA's Annual General Meeting on March 18.
Nomination packets are available by calling 800-356-9655, ext. 4013; using the resource link; or e-mailing email@example.com
For more information, use the resource link.