MADISON, Wis. (12/27/12)--World Council of Credit Unions (WOCCU) has inducted nine credit union professionals into its International Executive Volunteer Corps (IEVC).
The IEVC recognizes industry leaders for their dedication to international credit union development and volunteer service with WOCCU.
"World Council volunteers are vital to international credit union development and to building a global community," said Brian Branch, WOCCU president/CEO. "Partner credit union movements receive tailored, one-on-one training in critical areas. At the same time, seasoned professionals who lend their expertise bring a unique international perspective back to their credit unions."
The new IEVC members are:
- Joe Bergeron, president/CEO, Association of Vermont Credit Unions, partnership with Federacion Nacional de Cooperativas de Ahorro y Credito del Peru;
- Alan Cameron, president/ CEO, Idaho Credit Union League and Affiliates, former partnership with Solomon Islands Credit Union League;
- Mark Cummins, president/CEO, Minnesota Credit Union Network, partnership with Central de Cooperativas del Area Nacional (Paraguay);
- Rob Kimmett, vice president-public relations, Massachusetts Credit Union League, partnership with Bahamas Co-operative League;
- Tom Liebe, vice president-governmental affairs, Wisconsin Credit Union League, partnership with Asociacion de Instituciones Rurales de Ahorro y Credito (Dominican Republic);
- Dick Nesvold, president/CEO, SouthPoint FCU, Sleepy Eye, Minn., in conjunction with Minnesota Credit Union Network partnership with Central de Cooperativas del Area Nacional (Paraguay);
- David Southall, president/CEO, Innovations FCU, Panama City, Fla.; in conjunction with League of Southeastern Credit Unions & Affiliates partnership with Federacion de Cooperativas de Ahorro y Credito de Costa Rica;
- Brett Thompson, president/CEO, Wisconsin Credit Union League, partnership with Asociación de Instituciones Rurales de Ahorro y Crédito (Dominican Republic); and
- Kristina Wright, vice president-association services, Minnesota Credit Union Network, partnership with Central de Cooperativas del Area Nacional (Paraguay).
IEVC members are affiliated with WOCCU's volunteer activities and International Partnerships Program, which formalizes credit union movement partnerships throughout the world to share best practices in operations and product development.
Inductees have demonstrated at least a three-year commitment to furthering WOCCU's international credit union development efforts. Each has engaged in two or more volunteer assignments abroad. IEVC members must have hosted at least four international credit union professionals at their individual credit unions within the previous two years. The achievements of this year's inductees span six countries.
For more information about WOCCU's International Partnerships Program, and to view a complete list of IEVC members, use the links.