MADISON, Wis. (3/26/13)--Credit union supporters have until June 28 to nominate individuals and organizations for the Herb Wegner Memorial Awards to be presented by the National Credit Union Foundation.
Winners will be honored at NCUF's annual awards dinner Feb. 24 in conjunction with the Credit Union National Association Governmental Affairs Conference in Washington, D.C.
Nominations are for:
- The Individual Achievement Award, which honors an unsung hero for innovative concepts, accomplishments that are ongoing and current contributions to the credit union community, and work within the past three to five years. Accomplishments must have had a significant impact or potential impact on the local, national and/or international credit union movement with measured results. Nominations must cite a specific subject of achievement such as financial literacy, service to the underserved, alternatives to predatory lending, and/or new products.
- The Outstanding Organization/Program Award, which honors an organization, program or business for innovative concepts and/or product/services that have had a significant impact on the local, national and/or international credit union movement with measured results.
- The Lifetime Achievement Award, which honors an individual who has dedicated his or her life to promoting the credit union philosophy, created innovative concepts and provided leadership that has had a significant and lasting impact on the local, national and/or international credit union movement.
Nominations can come from individuals and/or organizations. To make a nomination:
- Complete the Wegner Awards nomination form on the NCUF website.
- Gather at least five letters of recommendation citing examples of the nominee's achievements relevant to the award criteria.
- Send the nomination form and recommendation letters electronically to NCUF by June 28.
Questions about the Wegner Awards can be directed to Josie Collins at firstname.lastname@example.org
or 800-356-9655, ext. 4374.