NEW BRIGHTON, Minn. (2/28/12)--CU Companies, a Minnesota-based credit union service organization, has unveiled an iPhone app that allows consumers to view mortgage rates, find nearby ATMs and receive news alerts and videos.
CU Companies said its original intent was to provide a tool that would allow consumers to quickly view--and that would push--mortgage rates. The ATM location finder was added to give the app longevity, and the news alerts and videos were added to provide financial education.
The company also announced the election of its new board officers:
- Steve Ahlness, chair, Greater Minnesota CU, Mora, Minn.;
- Tom Smith, vice chair, TopLine FCU, Maple Grove, Minn.; and
- Phillip Kopischke, secretary, SharePoint FCU, Hopkins, Minn.
Additional board members include:
- Paul Dammann, Soo Line CU, Minneapolis;
- Mark Everson, Wings FCU, Apple Valley, Minn.;
- Kathleen Harrington, Heartland CU, Inver Grove Heights, Minn.; and
- Patrick Pierce, City & County CU, Saint Paul, Minn.