Archive Links

Consumer Archive
CU System Archive
Market Archive
Products Archive
Washington Archive
150x172_CUEffect.jpg
Contacts
LISA MCCUEVICE PRESIDENT OF COMMUNICATIONS
EDITOR-IN-CHIEF
MICHELLE WILLITSManaging Editor
RON JOOSSASSISTANT EDITOR
ALEX MCVEIGHSTAFF NEWSWRITER
TOM SAKASHSTAFF NEWSWRITER

News Now

Washington
Inside Washington (11/19/2007)
* WASHINGTON (11/20/07)--Sen. Jack Reed (D-R.I.) Friday introduced a bill, the Government-Sponsored Enterprise (GSE) Mission Improvement Act of 2007, which would direct GSEs Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to set aside $500 million to $900 million every year for an affordable housing fund. About 65% of the money would be put in a housing program operated by the Department of Housing and Urban Development, while the remaining 35% would be placed in a fund operated by the Treasury Department. The latter fund would provide grants for “financial activities that leverage affordable housing development, construction and preservation for low, very low and extremely low-income families,” Reed said (CNNMoney.com Nov. 16) …


RSS





print
News Now LiveWire
.@LACULeague in @DailyComet: #creditunions' "old" benefits attractive to new generation http://t.co/AzOv3nB7IB
19 hours ago
At @FTC request, court halts operations of an alleged debt-relief scammer calling itself “FTC Credit Solutions.” http://t.co/qMsDBmKExH
1 day ago
.@daytondailynews : The secret is out about #creditunions http://t.co/Aqu3pFTROV @DayAirCU @CODECreditUnion
1 day ago
.@CUNA's @Nussle on @SenatorReid :(2of2)On behalf of more than 102M #CU members,I thank him 4 his leadership over the yrs/wish him the best.
1 day ago
.@CUNA CEO Nussle on Sen. Reid’s decision not 2 seek re-election (1of2): Sen. Reid has a long history of #CU support throughout his career.
1 day ago