WASHINGTON (3/4/13)--The Credit Union National Association is now offering its popular "Pressing Regulatory and Compliance Issues Audio Conference" free to affiliated credit unions and its first program of 2013 is being offered March 7.
This Thursday's program will feature:
- The latest legislative developments affecting credit unions;
- An update on CFPB rules, including international remittance transfers, mortgage servicing, ability to repay and originator compensation;
- NCUA issues, including pending proposals & a summary of the February NCUA Board Meeting;
- Proposals currently open for comment;
- The three Reg Z provisions that go into effect June 1, 2013; and
- The credit agency rating regulation that goes into effect June 11, 2013.
CUNA recommends that registrants attend all four free audio conferences to ensure a complete view of the latest regulatory and compliance issues, first-hand, throughout the year.
CUNA will develop in-depth training programs to cover select key issues discussed during the calls.
Topics for the spring, summer and fall offerings will be announced as those programs are finalized. Those sessions are scheduled to be held on June 4, Sept. 5 and Dec. 5.
For more on this week's session, use the resource link.