ALEXANDRIA, Va. (7/21/14)--The video recording of the National Credit Union Administration's June open board meeting is now available on its website. Videos of past board meetings also are available.
The meeting's agenda included five items:
- A final rule reducing administrative burdens on credit unions that voluntarily liquidate;
- A proposed rule expanding the powers of federal credit unions by allowing qualified institutions to securitize loans they have originated;
- A proposed rule creating safe-harbor protection for certain securitized assets and protecting investors in cases of conservatorship or liquidation;
- A proposed rule to assist underwater borrowers by allowing federally insured credit unions to refinance or modify real estate loans without obtaining an additional appraisal; and
- A request by $355 million-asset Mainstreet CU, Lenexa, Kan., to convert to a federal charter.
Videos are generally posted several weeks after the meeting, due to required efforts to make them accessible for the hearing and visually impaired.
Use the resource link below to for videos of NCUA board meetings.