The Certified Credit Union Financial Counselor (CCUFC)
designation requires recertification every three years to ensure that your
financial counseling knowledge is current.
Summary of Recertification Process
There are two methods for recertification:
- Onsite: Attend the CUNA Certified Financial Counselor School: Update
and successfully pass the recertification exam onsite.
- Self-study: Order the FiCEP Recertification print module and passing
the proctored exam (Learn more about how to obtain this module and proctored
Steps to Recertification
- You will receive notification prior to when your recertification is due to
- Choose your method of recertification (either Onsite or Self-Study).
- Recertify by attending the CUNA Certified Financial Counselor School: Update and successfully passing the
recertification exam onsite.
- The price of testing is included in the program tuition. You do not need
to complete the recertification application with this method.
- Recertify by using the self-study method.
- You must complete the Recertification Application and then you will receive the FiCEP Recertification module.
Upon receipt of your application, CUNA will process your application and
send you the FiCEP Recertification print module and bill your credit union the
recertification application fee of $240. (Note: New module available in June 2014).
- You will receive a complimentary test code with your
If you are recertifying by attending the CUNA Certified Financial Counselor School: Update, you will test on-site and the cost of testing will be
included in your program tuition. You will receive your grade on-site after the
testing period concludes.
For self-study only: Use the FiCEP Recertification module to study and
review. To request your recertification exam, please complete the Proctored Exam Request Form. You must schedule an exam date with your proctor prior to
sending this form to CUNA. Upon receipt of this form, CUNA will validate the
information and the exam materials will be sent to your proctor. Take your
recertification exam. Results for self-study students are mailed 4 weeks after
your proctor mails your exam to the National Processing Center.
Your Recertification Certificate will be mailed to you 6–8 weeks after
processing the exam.
CUNA Center for Professional Development
is committed to providing a quality learning experience with cutting-edge topics
and expert instructors. If for some reason you are not fully satisfied, contact
us and we'll provide you a full tuition refund or credit.