MADISON, Wis., and NEW YORK (11/1/13)--The Credit Union National Association and the National Federation of Community Development Credit Unions will host a webinar to discuss new products and services that can help credit union members who use the Internal Revenue Service's Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program to make the most of their funds.
The webinar will be held at 2 p.m. ET, Nov. 18.
The IRS VITA program offers free tax help to people earning $50,000 or less. It provides trained and certified volunteers to help taxpayers access special tax credits and complete their forms.
The webinar will address the resources offered by:
- IRS-Stakeholders Partnership Education Communication program;
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau;
- SaveUSA; and
- Doorways to Dreams.
The impact of the Earned Income Tax Credit also will be discussed.
- Pamela Owens, National Federation of Community Development Credit Unions;
- Tamara Lindsay, New York City Office of Financial Empowerment, SaveUSA; and
- Joanna Smith-Ramani, Doorways to Dreams Fund.
The webinar is appropriate for all levels of credit union staff and board directors who coordinate, partner and volunteer in VITA programs. For more information, use the link.