NEW YORK (11/15/12)--Newtek Business Services, The Small Business Authority, rang the opening bell at the NASDAQ stock exchange Wednesday morning in preparation for the launch of the Newtek Advantage, a mobile real-time SMB management platform for small businesses.
Newtek is a CUNA Strategic Services provider.
The platform, which is more than a mobile application, places critical transactions of a small- to medium-sized business, as well as economic, e-commerce and website traffic data, on the business's smartphone, tablet, laptop or PC. It is the first of a series of cloud-based platforms for small business being launched by Newtek.
Newtek is a Web hosting company, payment processor, gateway provider, Web designer and Web services company. Its new platform will aggregate and drive real-time information to business owners' smartphone or tablet so they can manage their business from mobile devices without an information technology (IT) department.
The company says the Newtek Advantage means:
- More time spent on sales instead of administrative matters;
- More control with fewer surprises, with business statistics and metrics available in real time;
- Accelerated profits from decision-making with up to date information;
- Real-time information whenever, wherever the business operator is; and
- Decreased IT expenses because everything is in the cloud.
"We believe that mobile applications hosted in the cloud will continue to proliferate and become the standard for independent business owners," said Newtek President/CEO Barry Sloane.