MADISON, Wis. (11/30/07)--Susan Dixon, assistant vice president of training and development for Columbia CU in Vancouver, Wash., received the first “Coach Award” from the Credit Union National Association’s (CUNA) Experience Learning Live (ELLy) Training Awards program.
Dixon received her award during the 2007 Experience Learning Live conference Nov. 4-7 in Las Vegas. The award honors credit union trainers who have significantly impacted a trainee’s career and life through education, mentoring and coaching. The ELLys are the only national awards presented to credit union trainers in professional staff development. First place awards and awards of merit for Training Professional of the Year were presented to:
* Lisa Schaefer, Universal 1 CU, Dayton, Ohio, first place; * Rose Halford, The Golden 1 CU, Sacramento, Calif., award of merit; and * Tina Hall and Justin Martin, Verity CU, Seattle, award of merit;
WOW! Awards, which recognize a credit union with the best overall training curriculum, were presented to:
* Missoula (Mont.) FCU, first place; * Educators CU, Racine, Wis., first place; * Teachers CU, Indianapolis, award of merit; and * Rogue FCU, Medford, Ore., award of merit;
Training Champion Awards, which single out senior management staff in a credit union that goes beyond the call of duty to develop training, were presented to:
* Terry Halleck, president/CEO, The Golden 1 CU, first place; and * Senior administration team, Family Trust FCU, Rock Hills, S.C., first place.
Chi Phi Delta X II Awards, which represent the best development of a credit union university using CUNA’s Center for Professional Development (CPD), were presented to:
* Training Department, A+ FCU, Austin, Texas, first place; and * Learning Center, Bethpage (N.Y.) FCU, award of merit.
ELearning Awards, presented to credit unions that use technology-based training to enhance credit union training programs, were presented to:
* Teachers CU, first place; and * The Golden 1 CU, award of merit.
Four CPD Energizer Awards were presented to:
* Liberty County Teachers FCU, Liberty, Texas, scholarship market; * Central Star CU, Wichita, Kan., small market; * Navy Army FCU, Corpus Christi, Texas, medium market; and * Navy FCU, Vienna, Va., major market.
CPD Energizer Awards are given to credit unions with innovative training programs that support CUNA’s CPD products and its mission of helping individuals reach their personal and professional potential.