MADISON, Wis. (12/17/08)--Exceptional credit union trainers and training programs were honored during an awards presentation at the 2008 Experience Learning Live (ELL) conference Oct. 26-29 in Tempe, Ariz.
The Organizational Development Department of First CU, Chandler, Ariz., received the Training Professional of the Year Award at the 2008 Experience Learning Live conference. From left are: Kara Kirschner-Brooks, Lisa Krogstad, Lori Gallegos, Christina Adams, Heidi Kim, Patti Spino and Geary O’Donnell. (Photo provided by the Credit Union National Association)
The ELLys are the only national awards presented to credit union trainers who do outstanding things in the area of professional staff development. First place awards and awards of merit were presented in the following categories: Coach Award--Recognizes a trainer who has changed a person’s career and life through education, mentoring, and coaching.
* First Place (small credit union category): Michelle Greear, Technology CU, San Jose, Calif.; and * First Place: Roberta Smith, Missoula (Mont.) FCU.
Training Professional of the Year Award--Honors exceptional achievements in performance and learning by a credit union training professional or department.
* First Place: Organizational Development Department, First CU, Chandler, Ariz.; and * Award of Merit: Learning and Development, Affinity Plus FCU, St. Paul, Minn.
WOW! Award--Recognizes a credit union with the best overall training curriculum or event that energizes, empowers and excites participants.
* First Place (small credit union): O Bee and WSECU Chix, O Bee CU. Tumwater, Wash.; * First Place: Training Department, A+ FCU, Austin, Texas; * First Place: Denise Romanelli, Sun East FCU, Aston, Pa.; * Award of Merit (small credit union): Human Resources, Neches FCU, Port Neches, Texas; * Training Department, Award of Merit: Texas Dow Employees CU, Lake Jackson, Texas; and * Amanda Swartz, Award of Merit: Christian Community CU, San Dimas, Calif.
Training Champion Award--Singles out senior management staff in a credit union that go beyond the call of duty to support and develop the training in his or her credit union.
* First Place: Lori Gallegos, First CU, Chandler, Ariz.; * Award of Merit: Tammy Davis, The Golden 1 CU, Sacramento, Calif.; and * Award of Merit: Larry Keller, Apple FCU, Fairfax, Va.
Chi Phi Delta X II Award--This award represents the best development of a Credit Union University, and its effect on staff learning and performance, using the Credit Union National Association’s Center for Professional Development products as the foundation.
* Award of Merit: Training and Development Department, Apple FCU, Fairfax, Va.; and * Award of Merit: Tina Hall and Justin Martin, Verity CU, Seattle.
eLearning Award--Winners had to demonstrate how technology-based training was incorporated into, and enhanced credit union training programs.
* Award of Merit: Consumers Employee University, Consumers CU, Round Lake Beach, Ill.; and * Award of Merit: Training and Development Department, Apple FCU in Fairfax, Va.
Three CPD Energizer Awards were presented during the conference. The awards recognize credit unions with innovative training programs that support CUNA’s Center for Professional Development training products and its mission of helping individuals reach their personal and professional potential. Winners include:
* Small Market: Latino Community CU, Durham, N.C. * Medium Market: AEA FCU, Yuma, Ariz.; and * Major Market: Suncoast Schools FCU, Tampa, Fla.